Digital Housing Hub - #digihousing

where social housing providers meet to help their residents embrace the web

IT training in London - an opportunity for organisations to take part

L&Q has just launched a major digital inclusion initiative, and we're inviting other organisations working in and around London to take part.

We've published details of the project on our website.

If you work for an organisation that wants to encourage customers to get online, then this project might be of interest to you.

The details, in short:

• we're working with Silver Training (an IT training provider) to provide IT training courses for our customers (plus the customers of several other housing providers that we're working with)
  • L&Q customers who complete the course will get a recycled PC and 12 months of internet access via a dongle
  • the training is targetted at people of working age who don't currently have access to the internet - the business case is that this project is designed to help people affected by welfare reform

You could get involved with this project by referring your own customers to Silver Training. More people being referred means more local courses running.

You wouldn't necessarily need to offer free hardware and internet access to customers, though we think that this is a good incentive (and it helps to tackle the 'access' barrier).

If it sounds interesting, then get in touch. I'm very happy to discuss.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds like an excellent model, and I like the openness of L&Q wanting to share their model of delivery with local organisations too... 

On a technical note, you might be interested to know that if Silver Training were to sign up as a UK online centre and use the range of courses hosted there, we can automatically collect the MI that is generated and send this back to you so you can see how successful your activities are with your learners.  If you (or anyone else reading this) has any questions about the MI reporting we can offer then please do give our team a call on 0114 227 0010). 

Good luck!  Please do let us all know how you get on....

Thanks Ben,

I believe that Silver Training are very interested in signing up as a UK Online Centre. I'll pass your message on, and hopefully we can help that to happen.

And many congratulations on your Digital Challenge award!

RSS

TWITTER: #digihousing

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Events

© 2018   Created by Vicky Lawson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service