Digital Housing Hub - #digihousing

where social housing providers meet to help their residents embrace the web

Hi all,

Getonline@home.org.uk have gone into liquidation and I wondered if anyone has heard from any of their residents with regards to them losing money?

I was notified from a resident that they have lost £159 from ordering a Laptop and not receiving it.  I went on the site to see what was happening and you are provided with a different number to call, which belongs to Eco Systems IT Group Ltd.  The lady was very helpful and explained that their MD is meeting with someone from getonline@home.org on Monday to see if they can salvage the situation.

The issue I now have is what I say to our resident, we promoted the site in a November newsletter as part of our get online campaign!

Has anyone else had a similar situation or was aware of what was happening with getonline@home,org.

I also noticed we are still advertising the site via this hub, which means the message may have not got out yet, with regards to their current position.

I am hoping our resident has paid by credit card, there is a good chance he will then get a refund.

Helen

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Helen,

I heard on Monday that Partners IT, the lead company in the Get Online @ Home scheme has gone into liquidation. The other 3 companies that are part of it are still running and are currently trying to pick up the extra slack left by this happening. They have another meeting with Microsoft next week to plan the new process for orders. I am unsure if this effects any orders placed recently, they should still get their laptop. I have chatted with Computer Recyclers who have assured me that the scheme will continue to run. Will post if I hear otherwise.

Louise

Thanks Louise, really appreciated.

Helen

I have updated the 'tech for tenants and you > computers and devices' page of this site pending a resolution of this issue - thanks for letting us know! 

RSS

TWITTER: #digihousing

Members

Events

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Ben Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service